Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonflygirl

Technical User
Feb 2, 2005
US
I am using ArcServe V9 and have set up custom rotation of a 5 day differential backup with Full backup on Friday. I have an eight slot tape library. I remove the daily tape after the backup has completed and replace it with another tape formatted for that day. Since I am basically using two sets of tapes, can I set up two media pools? And, if I set up two media pools, do I have to go into the job each week and change which pool it is using? Right now I am using one media pool and each day going to assign the tape that I just put in the drive to replace the one that I removed. There has to be a better way. I want to be able to remove the tape, put the other one in and be done. No interaction with the program at all if possible.

A job can only use one media pool.

Configure the pool to only move tapes into the scratch set after 13 days. That way it will only be used after two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back