Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Player playback issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

olderrocker

Technical User
Aug 19, 2003
GB
Hello all

When playing mpgs,avis, etc on my IBM laptop the screen goes blank and pulses for a few seconds before playing. The same then happens when the movie ends.
I have the latest version of Media player and video drivers installed.
Has anyone seen this before?? any help appreciated
Thank you .....

does it play the movie or not cause my ibm labby dose the same thing what is its modle number cause i had to flash my bios to correct it ???????

[thumbsup]

Rock On!!!!!! Compute On!!!!!! Whatever Dude!!!!! lol

Hi,
Watch out for that tripod site..Many pop-ups and ads.

Very annoying ( most tripod sites have this problem, I try to avoid it altogether)..

[profile]

Hi again - sorry for not getting back - bit of a family crisis.

Anyway I've discovered that this occurs when booting from a hibernation state only. When I to a complete reboot the mpgs, etc play fine. Hibernate and try again, the original problem occurs - strange one

Has anyone any ideas as hibernation is quick and I would hate to think that I have to reboot everytime I want to play vids etc? - thanks in advance. - Del

Is your DirectX working properly? Go to start -> run -> dxdiag.exe and see what it says.

John

If you check under Hibernation in Help and Support (while online) the are several bugs reported throughout the history of hibernation.

For example.

282822 - MIDI Playback Through the MPU-401 Port Changes Tempo Unexpectedly After Resuming from Hibernation

Maybe you should report your example to Microsoft.

One thing you could try is running the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back