Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBond007

Programmer
Nov 17, 2009
GB
Hi
I can't seem to get media manager to work.
IP500 V2 10.1build 3
VMWARE Application server
Licenses are all valid
In the application server web control, under settings then system. It sees the additional hard drive I created and in the mount path used /additional-hdd#1/
The archive is media manager
The handover in media manager /opt/vmpro/MM/VRL
The call storage path in media manger is /additional-hdd#1/ also tried /additional-hdd#1/partition1/
Users are set to on and VRL

As the system was ignited before the additional hard drive was setup as per doc's I ticked the format box and saved.

I've restarted the system and app server.
On the vmpro client and help it brings up the licenses and shows me its licensed.
Contact recorder is also turned off.
I'm now going around in circles and can't work out why its not working any help would be appreciated
thanks

Which licenses do you have?

Media Manager has a separate license from Contact Recorder.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Media Manager has a separate license from Contact Recorder" ... but it can use the ContactRecorder/ContactStore license.

First step would be the obvious and check that the calls are being recorded. If so they should be turning up in the /opt/vmpro/MM/VRL folder. When you make a test recording you should see the recording file turn up for a few seconds before Media Manager collects it. Also look in the /opt/vmpro/VRL folder to see if anything is turning up there.

If recordings are being made and collected, have a look at the /additional-hdd~1/partition1 folder. You should see a set of sub-folders that eventually lead to one containing the .opus file for each recording.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi
Thanks for helping firstly!

I have The Media Manager License. It's showing in VMPro as Licensed and in SSA As 1 License and 1 in use.

I'll look on and have a look in those folders and update

Once again thankyou

Yes, apparently you can use the Contact Recorder license according to relese notes, they didn't bother to mention that on Knowledgebase =)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi

Just checked in /opt/vmpro/MM/VRL & /opt/vmpro/VRL and nothing is in there after I made an external call.
VMpro is licensed connected and working the extension has recording turned on and external and the destination is VRL? So what am I missing?
I've changed it to On internal and external VRL with no joy and I also changed it to the individuals mailbox and made internal and external calls with no joy.
I can leave a message in the mailbox.

Thanks for your assistance so far

Well it looks like Media Manager is well off the hook if recordings don't even turn up in the user's mailbox when that is the configured destination.

I'd configure some manual call recording to my own mailbox and test that works (including does it show recording indication on the phone and playing the advice of call recording warning).

At a very long shot check that recording operation hasn't been customized by someone adding any module call 'Record' or 'AutoRecord' on the voicemail server.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

flattened the IP500V2 and reprogrammed sorted the problem.
On the face of it the config was fine, manually re-programmed exactly like for like and works a treat. Even backed it up squirted the original config in, problem came back? Squirted the new one in works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back