Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Manager 11.1 listen to recording files

Ehanna

Systems Engineer
Aug 29, 2024
I'm running IPO R11.1.0 along with an Application Server that has Media Manager R11.1.0 installed.

Users can access the recording files via the URL https://application-server-ip:7070/WebManagement/index.html. However, when they attempt listen or download any files, the playback doesn't function properly—it simply won't play.

Now, when we access https://application-server-ip:7070/WebManagement/WebManagement.html using admin privileges to load all the recordings from Media Manager, we encounter a loading error. It's frustrating, especially since we've already activated a mount point path to /additional-hdd#1 and formatted the additional HDD. Despite these efforts, we're still facing a mounting error during server boot.

Interestingly, users can still see the recording files, but unfortunately, they remain unable to play them.

Thanks for any ideas.

@Ehanna- What browser are you using? Media Manager is finicky... I use Firefox with media Manager most times though they say MS Edge should work as well

Did it ever work?
Did you upgrade or some other changes?

Can you see the recordings using the :7070 page, where you configure Media Manager settings?
In the upper right corner you can switch from config to recordings but also to alerts. Anything here?
Sometimes, permission on /adittional-hdd#1 are wrong.

I remember there are some MM related bugs in earlier 11.1 releases. Maybe update to 11.1 FP3 SP2. But not 12.0 yet unless you managed to do this in a lab!

There is a known issue with MM when upgrading to R12:

Attachments

• PSN006317u.pdf
    183.3 KB · Views: 2
Thank you, Ekster and Albus2, for your replies.

It seems that all issues are related to the additional HDD permissions and ownership.

I have not upgraded Media Manager yet, as I am keeping that as a last resort.

I have changed the permissions and ownership for /additional-HDD#1/partition1 as follows:
  • Ownership: chown -R vmpro:root /additional-hdd#1/partition1
  • Permissions: chmod 755 /additional-hdd#1/partition1
The results are:
  1. I can listen to the recording files using Chrome, but Firefox can’t play them.
  2. I can download the files, but I can’t listen to them.
This was done before Ekster’s answer. Now, I will change the ownership to the tomcat user and group and will update you with the results.

I have changed the ownership for /additional-HDD#1/partition1 to be chown -R vmpro:root /additional-hdd#1/partition1 but unfortunately the issue still as is
  1. I can listen to the recording files using Chrome, but Firefox can’t play them.
  2. I can download the files, but I can’t listen to them.
I noticed that all the recording files are VLRA type in spite the setting in IP Office Manager is VLR. is there any way to make them recorded in VLR type?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back