Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Gateway Separation

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath9465

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
I have a strange system where I haven't seen this issue occur. Somehow, trunk group 1 has 3 PRI, one on each gateway of an S8300. The first is 001V3, the second is 002V5 and the last is 003V1. It would seem that wherever I place stations, determines which PRI that station uses for outbound calling. These 3 PRI are each independent in that each has it's own signaling group with no inter-dependencies. The trunk-group itself is set for descending and the outcalling does work in a descending way but on a per media-gateway basis. Can anyone tell me a setting that causes that effect? I would like to be able to control that function. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, if your first 23 channels in the group are ordered 1v0301, 2v501, 3v101, 1v302, 2v502, 3v102, etc that'd do it

The trunk group doesn't put any trunk ports in an order like that.
The trunks are in the group like this
1-23 of trunk group 1 are 001V3 1-23, then channels 24-46 are 002V5 1-23 and lastly channels 47-69 of trunk group 1 are 003V1-23. Then if a phone that resides on gateway 3 makes a call, it goes out 003V123, if another call on from gateway 3 goes through, it grabs trunk 003V122, etc. If the second call happend to come through gateway 2, it would grab trunk 002V523 and gateway 1 phones grab would start at 001V323 and work toward 1. I can't find any programming that causes that. I've looked thoroughly at trunk group 1 and can't think of what might cause such an effect.

It is a design of the PBX. The system will use local resources first before going to another gateway. If you really want to use up the channels in gateway 1 first the gateway two, since your PRIs each have their own d-channels create three trunk groups and in the route pattern specify the order you want them used in.

Are all the handsets in the same network subnet?
Are all the gateways in the same network subnet?
Are the gateways configured to be in the same network region as the handsets?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

The phones are all TDM, not IP, The IP addresses given to the gateways are all in the same subnet, not sure if that bears on local gateway PRI installed. But you could be right... I've seen something similar when you have a networked G3r with a trunk group dedicated to 911 trunks for the remote shelves.

As Tolson said, local resources are always used 1st for trunk groups. Locality trumps trunk-group hunt order.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back