Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Full and can not mount blank media

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieVN

MIS
Dec 21, 2003
CA
Dear All,

I have BAB 11.1 and use Full backup method for Mon-Fri. I also chose Overwrite option for the tapes. Next day, i see message from BAB said the media is full and request mount blank media...but how can I do that ? Please help. Thanks

Are you using a rotation? In which case the overwrite/append options in Global options are not used, the overwrite/append options are set in the schedule tab.

If this is not the problem give us more details on your setup, versions/builds etc, and what type of backup job you have configured.

The 0verwrite option does not apply when a Media Pool is used.

Blank media is a tape that has never been used or it has been quick erased.

Mounting a tape is done by putting a new tape into a stand alone tape drive, or into one of the slots of a library and the library will mount it as needed.

Dear All,

I used Tape drive HP DLT VS80 and do not use rotation, I use Full backup for daily job (custom schedule). My backup job need 2 tapes for database.The problem is I cannot put the second tape into tape drive when BAB request, when I press Eject button, the system prompts "Device is busy". For do that, I must Stop/Eject and insert the second tape then BAB backup continuosly, but after that, I see yellow icon named Cancel appears in Result. Please help and thank you in advance.

Dear David,

I tried to do follow your instruction but still have the same problem. Please advice more. Thanks

Try using the Eject option in the ARCserve Manager Device Window.

Thanks David, I solved the problem by chosing Eject option. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back