Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Measure response time between receipt of Outlook email and the reply by date 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyshadow5

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
GB
Desperately looking for a VBA solution to a tedious manual task.

I have a requirement to count the number of emails received in a shared mailbox folder, note the date and time it was received, and then note the date and time of the reply so I can get a measure of the time taken to reply to an email. This needs to be done in 7 differently named folders of a shared mailbox.
Ideally I'd like to export the data into an Excel s/sheet with column headers:

These three fields from the senders email:
From
Subject
Date / time (sent/received)

These four fields from the reply:
From [always the same set email address]
To
Subject
Replied (date / time)

In the eighth column will be a calculation to evaluate the time between receipt of email and response to email allowing me to find out quickest, slowest and average response times.

Big ask I know, hopefully someone already does something like this and has a ready made solution, thanks.

Clive

Fascinating reading the interaction between you two, and learning so much more, thank you.

Really useful thread!
Would it be possible to alter the code to include all the emails in the inbox and not only the ones there have been responded to?

Would it be possible to alter the code to include all the emails in the inbox and not only the ones there have been responded to

Not sure what you are asking. This code finds an email, that has been responded to and then finds the reponse time. If it has not been responded to what would you measure? If you are simply asking to list all emails in the inbox then that is trivial. There is tons of examples to do that.

Hello there,

I'm completely new to this forum so I hope I'm not violating any rule by posting here.
The code by strongm seems to be exactly what I'm needing. Problem is

ConArray = ConTable.GetArray(ConTable.GetRowCount)

is returning a :
VBA Run-time error -214724809 (80070057)

Am I doing something wrong here? This looks like the perfect solution to my problem, that would be brilliant if I can get it to work.

Cheers

MajP & strongm,

Tenacious, insightful, informative. A primer for identifying bedrock information, consultative problem solving.

This is a reference thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back