Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meassuring Lines in AI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinoRacing

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
BE
How can you meassure the total lenght of a curve?

Not just a straight line from A to B, but with the curve!!

Is this possible in AI, It would sure help me a lot!

Thanks in advance, an almost desprate designer

Only way I can think of is to use the Measure Tool (looks like a ruler, hidden behind the eyedropper tool), open the Info palette, and measure it in sections. You'd still have to add up all the results, and it would only be approximate. If you find a better way, please let us know!

Hi there, this should make your day.

Zap on over to and there you will see about three quaters of the way down the page under the Illustrator section a freeware download called 'Pathlength'.

Download that, unzip it and extract the .aip file to your 'Illustrator Filters folder'.

Open Illustrator, select a path (curves and all) then go to Filter>Telegraphics>Pathlength and it will measure your path in points, millimeters and inches.

I've tried it and it works a treat. Yeehaa

Thanks a lot....

You've made my day.... :)

Works perfect!!!

Thanks

Nice one! The Radial Distort filter is pretty good too! Here, have a star...

Thanks blueark! Yeah, there are a few good tools I've gotten off that page, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people writing plug-ins for Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign etc and giving them away for free or next to nothing. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back