Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meaning of L-O-I in HP3000 COBOL II DBGET 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan01

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
US
I've seen L-O-I in other people's code, but do not know what it means:

CALL "DBGET" USING DB-MHS-BASE
DS-CASE-MANAGEMENT-SET
DB-MODE-6
DB-STATUS
L-O-I
DI-MHCASEMG-BUFFER
DB-MODE-6.

Would anyone care to give a guess, or know the answer? Thanks, Dan.

A quick check of "DBGET" syntax reveals that that is shorthand for "List Of Items".

Dimandja

Thanks Dimandja. This was bugging me! Dan.

Just a point of clarification: DBGET is an HP e3000 intrinsic function (subroutine) that is part of MPE's IMAGE database management system. The fifth argument to the call is a list of data elements to be retrieved from the database dataset specified in the second argument. The data name used for this list is, of course, programmer defined, e.g. there's nothing special about "L-O-I".

There are a couple of "special" list values including "@;" which retrieves all items in the data set and "*;" which retrieves the same set of items as the last DBGET. FMI, see the IMAGE/3000 documentation on docs.hp.com.

Regards.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I've always wondered about that but couldn't find the explanation. Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back