Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ME does not power off....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huge

Programmer
May 7, 2001
CA
I was running Windows 95 on my machine and when I shut it down the case would power off.
I've upgraded to windows ME and now it refuses to auto power off on a shut down.
I haven't touched any of my BIOS settings.
What's going on?

Huge.

how do I turn off the pc, if after I follow the shut off procedures, I am not getting the message it is okay to turn off?

check power mangament So long and thanks for all the fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:

SYMPTOMS
When you use the Shut Down command on the Start menu to shut down Windows, your computer may automatically power down after displaying the message "Please wait while your computer shuts down."

CAUSE
This behavior is an Advanced Power Management (APM) feature. There is no way to change this behavior. The hardware powers down in response to a software request. This behavior occurs only on computers with a Plug and Play BIOS that supports APM features.

Additional query words: HWSYSAPM shutdown w98shutdown

Keywords : kbhw kbui win95 win98 win98se kbWinME
Issue type : kbprb
Technology : kbWinMEsearch kbWin95search kbWin98search kbWin98SEsearch kbWin95 kbWin98 kbWinME kbWin98SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back