Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDX question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgdar

Programmer
May 17, 2005
US
Hi

I am new to MDX. How do we achieve the multiple where in MDX e.g in SQL I can do

select col1, col2 from tbl1
where col1 = 10 or col1 = 20

How do I write a similar query in MDX. I know we can achieve the AND behavior but what about OR.

ALso what about NOT EQUAL TO

e.g in SQL - we can write

select col1, col2 from tbl1
where col1 NOT IN 'ABC'

so I will get rows wherever col1 != 'ABC'

I have to do something similar in MDX. How do I do this.

Any help will be highly appreciated

- PGD

Hi pgdar,

You have specified queries in terms of SQL queries. It would have been better if you had defined them in terms of dimesions and measures. Still I have tried to give answers of your question.

filter([VW DIM TEAM].[AGENT_HIR].[Level 01].&[0].children,[Measures].[AVAILABLE TIME]=5000 or [Measures].[AVAILABLE TIME]=5100)
will filter children of VW DIM TEAM dimension whose AVAILABLE TIME is either 5000 or 5100.

Similarly,
filter([VW DIM TEAM].[AGENT_HIR].[Level 01].&[0].children,[Measures].[AVAILABLE TIME]<>5000)
will filter children of VW DIM TEAM dimension whose AVAILABLE TIME is not 5000.

HTH..
Pratibha

Thanks pratibha for this. I found another way to do this too - using aggregate but this one seems easier

Thanks

- PGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back