Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.MDW - file already in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirnavi

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hi -

I have several databases for our department which I secured a while back. Everyone has joined a common workgroup.

Here's the problem - occasionally, users trying to open up a db will get an error (&quot;Couldn't use <PATH>.MDW; file already in use.&quot;). When I hit Help, it tells me another user is running a session and all I can do is wait for the other user to get out.

I downloaded the LDB viewer and according to that, I have four locks on the .MDW, although not logged on on any of them. There are four users who have Access open and working correctly.

Is there a maximum number of people who can use a .MDW? Is there something I am missing?

We are running Access 97.

Thanks,
Susan

I forgot to add - the .MDW is on a network drive so I can update permissions on particular queries/reports as needed.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back