Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDI Maximized children forms without controlbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjbcoetzer

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
ZA
MDI Maximized children forms without controlbox

I have been searching the web and everywhere I asked the question, the answer is that it is a Microsoft Bug. Well instead of telling me that it is a bug, how do I fix this?

My situation:

I have a parent form (frmMain), a welcome/startup (or background) form (frmWelcome) and other child forms for data capturing. The idea is that when the program runs, the welcome form is displayed and stays displayed as a type of "background page", displaying outstanding jobs and other system info.

All forms, when opened, must be maximized, thus eliminating the need for the minimize box or maximize box but still having the X button to close the form. In theory this task is easy, but sure enough it's not. I have created the same interface in VB6 but C# has problems with it.

When I load a child form, it is maximized but then the minimize and restore bown buttons appear with the close (X) button. When I click the restore down button, all the forms (including be "background form") is reduced in size. How can it be that when I set the property in code and in design time that it still shows it?

Refer to this question:

and

Any WORKING workaround would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back