Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDI files display incorrectly - strange symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotbread

Technical User
Mar 13, 2006
AU
Hi,

I have a number of mdi files that were created when I had Microsoft Office 2003. I now have Office 2007 with Microsoft Office Document Imaging installed, but when I open the MDI files they are full of strange unrecognisable symbols. The files should display music symbols and notes, but other symbols are displayed instead. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to view the files (and print them) the same as they were created? Does it have anything to do with fonts?

Tim

Problem solved.

I remembered today that I had Sibelius Scorch installed on my computer when I printed to MDI, so I installed it again and instantly the MDI files appeared correctly when opened. I thought MDI files were image files, and that if I printed to MDI the resulting files wouldn't change, similar to pdf. But for some reason the MDI seems to have interpreted the music symbols as font characters (perhaps something to do with the OCR function?). I think I'll give up on MDI, and use pdf instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back