Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.mde file error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighchel

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
FR
I was reading a post, which sent me to another post and after reading it I thought, this would solve most of my problems (Regarding splitting the DB and using the .mde files for a multi-user environment).

I am familiar with splitting the database and I was able to do so without any problems. My problem came when creating the .mde file. I read in a FAQ (FAQ181-90 and FAQ 181-91) not to make the .mde off the back-end file. Made sense to me. Ok so I try the front-end file and I get an error: Microsoft is unable to create a .mde file and then it reopens my DB.

I am running no modules on this base but I do run many macros. This is in Access 2000.

Thanks,

Michelle

One reason and .mde cannot be created is if there is a problem with a reference or something wrong in the VBA code.

Have you run the compiler in the vba code window to see if you have any errors?

Also select Tools, then References to see if anything is "Missing".

Good luck!

Thanks! That seemed to work. When I ran compiler it found an end sub error in the code!

Thanks again,

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back