Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDE compile error in hidden module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin

Programmer
Apr 25, 2000
AU
Please help<br>When I try to make a MDE file i receive a meesage that i have a compile error on a form and it gives me the name of the form and says i have a hidden module, I generated my database and have checked the form and it is not hidden.<br>can anyone throw any light on what the problem could be.<br><br>regards Kelvin

Did you have a form at one point an deleted it?<br><br>Creating an MDE will only work if all VBA code everywhere is perfect. No sytax Errors allowed.<br>Try this open a form in design view. The open the VBA code window.<br>Click the &quot;Dedug&quot; menu then if any of the Compile... are dark (not grayed out click all of them) it will stop on any code that has a problem. Either Rem it out using a single quote ' or delete it.<br><br>Try it to make a .MDE again.<br>If all else fails you will have to make a new blank database and import table, queries, and macros, then make an .MDE to see if all is OK. <br>Next import one form at a time and make .MDE then import reports and module code. Doing everything slow an methodical. One at a time untill eiterh it makes a .MDE with everything or you find the one item that has bad code.<br><br>OK <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Doug,<br>Thankyou for your input, Silly dilly aren't I, you were right found <br>sytax Errors and fix all. The program now works very well.<br><br>Thankyou again<br>Regards Kelvin

Doug<br><br>My .MDE file produced a different result from my backup database!!!!<br>Someone warned that this may happen. I append the same record 4 times instead of just once.<br><br>WHY? <br>I now have a huge problem and lots of apologies to make.<br>Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back