Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDB to MDE conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1603

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
GB
I have an application saved as an MDE which was written by some unknown person a while back. The application needs amendment but I can only find a sligghtly earlier MDB file which should not be too difficult to work with BUT when I try to edit/show the VBA code I get a message "Project Not Viewable".

Has the writer done something else to protect the code? If so how do I get to edit it?

There is no database password and the users login as Admin.

In the VBA environment, select tools, properties, security, and uncheck the box.

Thanks Moonbase, but selecting Tools > Properties gives the same message: "Project is unviewable - OK, Help" so the only way out is OK.

Other sources indicate that once an MDE has been created there is no way to the project code other than going back to the MDB which created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back