Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.MDB as scheduled task runs slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcccna

MIS
Mar 30, 2004
US
I have an access program which will complete in about 4 hours if executed. If run as a scheduled task it times out after 12 hours. It is processing during that time, but it doesn't complete. It is a routine which must run nightly and complete before start of business. I'm using Access 2003 and running it on Win2k server. The machine is new with monster hardware, so that isn't the problem.

Thanks!
Dave

Check the Idle Time settings in the Scheduled task properties. (Stop this task....)

I realize I could change the time out period and let the task complete, but my problem is that it runs too slow. I need it to complete over night as it updates records which will be used the next day. As a scheduled task it is taking many time longer to complete than if ran by simply clicking the icon.

I appologize, I didn't pay very close attention. There are no idle time settings on this task. Neither of the 2 boxes are checked.

Oh well - it was a possibility.
I don't know enough to see how Windows prioritises scheduled jobs but I imagine it must be something to do with the amount of time it's getting.

I have an access program which will complete in about 4 hours
Ouch...
No way to optimise it ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back