Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDAC versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogle

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a Citrix server currently running MDAC 2.7 (for use by in-house .NET applications). I need to install SQL 2000 client connectivity (for an application I wish to publish in Citrix) but the setup wants to instal MDAC 2.6. I am a bit loath to do this in case it upsets the 2.7 based applications. My questions are:
1) If a continue with the SQL setup is it "clever" enough to realise I already have MDAC 2.7 installed and not install 2.6?
2) Is there anyway of running setup and telling it not to install MDAC?

Regards

1. not sure, mabye
2. not that i know of.

best way i would do is get a machine, inital install 2.7, then install sql client and see if it is 2.6 or 2.7, or both.

you can still update it to 2.7 when its done if it does overwrite.

also, different platforms have different mdacs for them so it may not be an issue and have both installed

Heres is a kb artickel about determining mdac version

Thanks for the reply Corran. I have just done something similar. I "ghosted" the server and then installed the SQL client. Afterwards I checked the registry and found that the server was still using MDAC 2.7 so it looks like the setup detects the presence of an existing 2.6+ MDAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back