Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDAC and XP Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisedefoie

Programmer
Feb 19, 2003
CA
Good morning everyone,

I installed a vb6 application using SQL Server databases and ADO.

When I want to start the application, an error message pops up : The ~ method of the ~ object failed.

We found that it's when it wants first open the database.

I tried to installed MDAC 2.8 but it told that all MDAC files are already installed. (the computer is an XP Family). The problem is not from my Installation kit because I installed 3 others computers (XP too) and all work well.

So I don't want to tell to my customer : 'Just format your hard drive!!!' I think it should have a trick but I'm too blind to see it.

Does anyone met this problem before or know how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

Try uninstalling the current installation of MDAC and reinstalling.

Also, make sure that XP is fully patched.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Yes I forgot to tell that the computer is full patched (I verified).

I tried to uninstall the curent installation of Mdac but it even doesn't appear on the list of available programs.

Very strange! :-(

ps. I apologize for my english, I need more practice but I try to do my best.

Take a look at this thread:

Thread222-741237

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Thanks a lot.

I searched for this error message in French but when I searched in English, I didn't translated it well :-(

so you helped me a lot!

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back