Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD110 System Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixESV

Technical User
Dec 30, 2021
GB
Hi All,

I have an MD110 with a dead system terminal - The PC that Alex and Winfiol run from. It was connected via serial link to the MD110 but the motherboard is now fritzed and is so old that a like for like replacement isn't available.

I have a full backup image of the PC but as the hardware was so old, restoring the image to a newer machine (as old as I can find) just doesn't work, Windows goes into a fit trying to startup.

Does the MD110 support any form of web interface through a browser? I guess even if it did there would be no way to run the usual commands that I am used to using.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Which board do you use NIU with HDU7 or NIU2, the first 3 ports are serial V.24 ports, the 4th port is Ethernet port

Hi,

I'm using the NIU2 but it looks like I'm out of luck anyway as the 4th port is already connected to my core switch, this is then where we connect to the outside world over satellite link.

I'm on an offshore drilling rig.

Looks like I will have to try and find an old machine to reload the software on.

Thanks,

Dave

before the core switch you can connect a small 10-port switch that you can use to connect to the NIU2 board

You can connect to the serial port using an app such as hyperterminal at 9600 baud and use your MML commands, connect the port type a row of SSSSSSSSS; and enter the username and password and you’re on

Best parnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back