Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD110 Support scheduled sync 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDVS

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2010
NL
Hello,

How does one set-up a scheduled sync of all nodes (6 in total) for the MD110 Support application?

Our supplier suggests a batch file to run the application with the parameter "/site:1-6". Of course opening MD110 support through command line isn't an issue, however it doesn't react well to command line parameters - the application starts up for a fraction of a second and closes itself again.
Personally, i have my doubts whether this approach is the correct one, or if it'll even work at all.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Aside from finding a new supplier ofcourse.

Your supplier doesn't sound so crazy, a batch file through RDS Schedule is the usual way, have you tried that - or have you tried 1 node per multiple schedule, you can add them into RDS (depend on the timings of the schedules of course, you don't say how long your sync will take usually).

Of course if you use EMG for your moves and changes you don't need to run a sync, the data is already in sql on DNA server, only run if you are using TTY as well, you can create your own problems if the sync fails anytime.

best parnum

We use TTY a lot on several MD110/BC13's across the country.

Could you post an example of a functional synchronization batch-script?

You should have at least one set up RDS as part of the initial set up, open RDS Scheduler and have a look, you might be lucky?

Failing that use the syntax you have been given and give it a try.... i remember a similar issue myself, but no longer have access to the syntax.. Is there another server you could copy it from? - Sorry can't be of more help than that at the moment, but if i can find the syntax i will post it on here

Lastly there maybe some additional parrameters in the Help system (good luck with :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back