Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD110 serial login porblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

imedve

ISP
Jun 10, 2002
HU
Hi, I use serial cable connection (modem) to do some little work on an MD110. Two weeks ago I couldn't get back the prompt after typing a command. After reconnecting I got the following message: "terminal busy, logon reject". I tried it again and gave up after some try waiting for a longer "timeout".
After some days I tried it again without success. A have got nothing on the terminal line after sending S-block. No echo, no prompt, no error message! I have checked the modem and cabling, everyting is ok.

How can I log into the pbx again ? Is there any ideal ? I shouldn't switch off the pbx or press the reset button :-(

Is it possible that the pbx blocked out this serial line ? Another serial line (for logging) works fine on the same IPU card. Can I remove and reinsert this card (this helps on ELU26 unblocking BRI2 ports) without any problem ? 2 serial ports (management and logging) and an HDU2 connecting to this card.

Thanks in advance,
istvan

Hi,

First: You need change the IPU Board port. The MD110 have 3 ports in IPU. And connect the system.

Second: Send command RFPUI:UNIT=IPP,LIM=1 . it is possible to deblock your port.

If not take effect, please remove your IPU board about 10 seconds and reconnect.

Good Work

It can be a cut wire, once time this hapend to me.
you can thest the cable with a tester, if reset the port don't work.

I think the cable is communicating as it gets a reply back. It is best to reseat the IPU card.

Hei!

TRY command RFPUI:UNIT=TWP2,LIM=1 it is possible to deblock your port.

TWP2 Terminal program which handles the communication between IPU boards and other programs with regard to the terminal function, for example command transmission, printout transmission.

TWP3 Terminal program which handles the communication between NIU boards and other programs with regard to the terminal function, for example command transmission, printout transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back