Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD 110 Installation help needed 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmp241

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2007
US
Hello,

My company have MD 110 still in the box. I read Alex and know which cables go to which units, but I don't know what to do after I hook up the cables. For example, I know the NIU2 card via the appropriate cable can be connected to my PC, but then what, how do I know where to telnet into or to program the MD110. Basically, is there some kind of schematic or detail description on how to hook the MD110 to a punchdown block, or to a LAN or a switch. I need a guide to take me from connecting the cables to connecting the MD110 to the applications mentioned above. Any tech documents or website will be appreciated (please don't recommend Alex).

Thank you

Going on what you have written I would seriously recommend you get someone in to do the installation. If you read the part in ALEX "Start of PABX" most of your questions will be answered. You will need licenses (if going BC10 or above) you need to load an INL onto the compact flash card. Do you have an LPU display, this is invaluable for troubleshooting while starting a MD110, even just watching the steps the MD110 goes through.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for the suggestion. In Alex I went to the system documents ,and read about the source system. Also, I read Hardware and Installation under Basic Exchange.

cv8devil your suggestion of hiring someone to do the work is a good idea, however that will make me obsolete. However, thanks for the starting point, I don't know how I missed "Starting of PABX". And thanks for the link as well. Once again thanks for your assistance and you will be seeing a lot of new postings from me, since I am new at this.

The issue you are going to have is the license file. Without a license file loaded, and writing the EIC to the NIU2 card your system won't function. You will also have the issue of getting the INL loaded to the flash card without access to a working system. Once its loaded then comes the customer data.

Alright, I am able to telnet (login with username and password) into the NIU2 board. However, I cannot use any of the MML commands. A compact flash card is present on the NIU2 board.

Like cv8devil mentioned, is it because I do not have a license. But, I thought that the factory pre-load the unit with a license. If this is true, how can I access the license info (remember I can’t use the MML commands). If false, how come I can’t access the commands?

Thanks

ok, I FTP into the NIU2 unit and a license file is present.The EIC is correct as well. So, why can't I start a MML session? After I telnet into the NIU2 unit, what do I do to start a MML session?

Thanks

Alright, from my understanding there's two ways to start a MML session; via the IPU board with a special cable, through a cable with a serial port connection via the NIU2 unit, and via the NIU2 ethernet cable and typing in SSSSSSSSS;.

I don't have the IPU board nor the serial cable, so our only option is the SSSSSSSS; command, but its not working any suggestions or any other way to start a MML session. Please tell me and also point me where to look in alex.

Thanks
SSSSSSS;

cmp241 (IS/IT--Management) 12 Jan 07 16:29 sed:
>ok, I FTP into the NIU2 unit and a license file is >present.The EIC is correct as well. So, why can't I start >a MML session? After I telnet into the NIU2 unit, what do >I do to start a MML session?

How are you "logging in"??

Do you get a prompt like this?

>login:

If so, do you type capital "S" untill you see "S"'s echo back? and then type a semi-colon folowed by the enter key?

You should get a response like this:

>login: ssssSSSSS;
ENTER USER NAME
<

The default username is MDUSER (must be in caps)

You must also type in a semicolon and hit the enter key.....you'll get this:

ENTER PASSWORD
<

The default password is HELP (also type in a semi-colon and hit the enter key).

You should get a header similar to this: (this my switch info)

AUTHORITY CLASS 7
(C) COPYRIGHT ERICSSON
OHIO-UNIVERSITY 12JAN07 17:08:56 1-0-22-04 NETWORK1

If you try to log in without the semi-colons, you'll get the niux prompt, which is a different area entirely (it's where you read and write the eic)and the regular MD commands are not recognized.

What responses do you get back from the switch when you do enter commands? (Are you entering them in the correct format?)

Dave Strang

ssssSSSSS;
ENTER USER NAME
<STRANG;
ENTER PASSWORD
<
AUTHORITY CLASS 7
(C) COPYRIGHT ERICSSON
OHIO-UNIVERSITY 12JAN07 17:08:56 1-0-22-04 NETWORK1

Thanks

Dave thanks for your reply, I basically open up a unix terminal, and telnet to the NIU2 IP address, then I type SSSSSSS (with no ;) and the default username and password and i get the niux prompt. I also tried SSSSSSSS; and it still didn't work. Do it have to be a combination of lower and upper case sS? I never got a login prompt before.

Once again thanks for your help and any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Also, as I asked before, but no one answered. Do I need another cable to start the MML session? All I have is the ethernet cable, I don't have the V.24 cable is this the problem?

Thanks

Here's a printout of what I see:

To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
See "man sudo_root" for details.

cedric@cs-linux:~$ telnet 10.210.15.32
Trying 10.210.15.32...
Connected to 10.210.15.32.
Escape character is '^]'.
>login: sssssSSSSSSS;
Login Rejected
>login: SSSSSSSSSS;
Login Rejected
>login: SSSSSSS
username ? > MDUSER;
password ? >
INVALID LOGON

The password I used was “HELP” then ; then press enter

Trying 10.210.15.32...
>login: SSSSSSSSSSS;
Login Rejected
>login: sssssss
username ? > MDUSER;
password ? >
LOGON REJECT
SECURITY PROTECTION
-----------------------------------------------------------
To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
See "man sudo_root" for details.

Trying 10.210.15.32...
>login: SSSSSSS;
Login Rejected
>login: ssssssss
username ? > MDUSER;
password ? >
INVALID LOGON

this is what I got when I only typed HELP as password with no ;

Trying 10.210.15.32...
>login: sssssss
username ? > MDUSER
password ? >
niux >

THIS IS AS FAR AS I CAN LOGIN

it just means that you don't have any ETHERNET MML sessions programmed in the PBX. logging on with SSSSSSSSS without ';' will get you into the service console of the NIU, not the MD110. you'll need a serial cable (V24) to connect directly to port1 of the NIU.
Is this a labo system?

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Thanks for the insightful tip, I guess, we will start making our own cable for that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back