Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSE's giving MCSD a bad name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesknees

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
GB
I am only 1 exam away from becoming MCSD and it has taken me nearly 2 years to get this far. Now it seems pointless as so many recruitment agencies and employers are comparing MCSD with MCSE and decided it means very little as an indication of my IT skills as the MCSE has become a joke. Has anyone come across this? What do you say to people who are in a position to hire you who don't make the distinction between the two? I have come across this even within IT departments.

Doing the 70-175 next?
If you are, my advice is to get stuck into the MTS and Web Classes and to this exam as soon as possible. It's virtually identical to the 70-176 apart from MTS and Web Classes, as with 70-176, Packaging and Deployment is key.

thanks beesknees...

and yup, it's 70-185 time, studying for the next week or so and then trying it by month's end I'd guess...

any other tips?

Jim

Not really. I actually found this exam fairly easy after the 70-176. If you pass one, you'll pass the other with a little extra effort.

jeez...just wish I could type better...

it's 70-175 I'm trying next...not 70-185!!!

<grin>

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back