Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSE In India 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean14

MIS
Jul 23, 2003
AU
I'm off to India shortly to do my MCSE via a boot camp. I've been working with a domain now for three years and it is time to make me official. Has anyone out there done the boot camp thing? and even better has anyone done the Indian thing or know much about it/ I am a liite concerned about the quality of training
regards
Michael

Hello mate, I was searching through the forums when I saw your post from last year. My friend and I are looking at going to India to a MSCE bootcamp in November. Did you actually pass? how was the course and the quality of the training? Any pitfalls?

Many thanks for your time,
Prak.

Hi, I'm looking at November this year. My friend and I are looking at the Koenig Solutions bootcamp in Goa ( )

Has anybody out there been to these? What were the conditions like?

Many thanks.

Doh! sorry, barely awake this this morning. Didn't read the question properly!

We've chosen to study in India becuase of the price. Over here (UK), to study the MCSE 2003 + Exchange at bootcamps would cost close to £10,000 ($17,000). The India option is working out at around £3,000 including flights and accomodation. Oh, and it's near the beach!!

I'm paying for this out of my own pocket and cannot afford the UK option.

how much for books off amazon.com, 3 old pentium 2 PCs, a hub, and the electricity to DIY?

$17,000!!!! That's surely a bit much?

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Seriously JTB, that's the price I was getting from the UK boot camps.

The self taught approach does seem good but It doesn't really compare to studying next to the beach for five weeks I guess.

I would not do the BootCamp! your not going to really learn much over there. I am GLAD! I finished mine back in June of this year.

Yes, I'm very happy for you but I'm asking if anyone has actually done it in India.

How can you say we're not going to learn much? They have a 95% pass rate, can't be too bad, surely?

$17000 for a bootcamp is not the same as a vacation... If the bootcamp is any good, you'll never even see the beach.

Otherwise (if you really want to see nice beaches) spend the money to fly to Chejudo Korea and stay at the Shilla and really enjoy the only waterfall in Asia that falls into the Pacific... And beaches full of honeymoon couples...

While one really does appreciate the necessity of technical training, there is simply no excuse for a 2-4 week "bootcamp" costing as much as a year at a mid-level university.

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Dude, it's more like $4050 to do the bootcamp in Goa, India. This includes accomodation and food for 35 days.

Looks like nobody's actually reading the question. I wanted to know if anyone had actually done a bootcamp in India before!

Thanks for the "Travel Show" advice though....

Prak.

prak335

How did it go would love to know what you thought. I know looking at the date of your post that probably have not yet finished, but when you do let me know I'm going over in January 05

Will do, we're off on Nov 5th for 35 days. The guys running the course seem really helpful and respond to your email questions very quickly.
Prak.

Would be great to hear from others that have done the MCSE with Koenig.

Thinking of doing it in Jan 05.

Costs too much in the UK, self study is no good if you're not self motivated and I believe you can get crackin curry's over there!

Exotic location by the by. Quality instruction and MCSE cert no 1 priority on a budget.

How did you get on then prak355?

Hi dazle I'm all booked up for Jan 05 in Goa, may see you there.

Btw I have done alot of searching on Koenig and have found nothing bad to report.

Hi

I am going to Koenig in early Jan 05, if there is anyone else out there going to Delhi around the same time let me know. I am doing the MCSE 2003 messaging and the CCNP super fast track and the fast track

snoxy20

Hi all, I got back from Goa last week and everything went ok. I passed 7 out of the 8 exams but still got my MCSE(Got MCSA Messaging instead). It was lack of preparation for the last exam that was my failing, not the teaching.

There were a few problems but, overall, I would recommend the centre to anyone that is interested.

The Koenig staff are all very friendly and will do anything they can to help you out, no matter what the problem is. They look after you from your arrival to the day you leave, and any problems are always ironed out as fast as possible... The hotel they put us in was a bit of a dive, we all complained and have been told that the next batch of students will be put into a more suitable hotel. The first trainer we had had a very strong Indian accent that my friend and I just couldn't understand. Once we had voiced our concerns, we were sent a brilliant trainer who was probably better than most people who have teached me in the U.K!!

Goa is a beautiful place too, anyone coming from the UK will appreciate the fact that you'll be on the beach in December in your shorts... watching the sun go down with a cool beer (whilst revising, of course!)..

All in all, a very worthwhile expense which I would recommend to all that ask. I would definitely go again.

Any questions guys, please don't hesitate to ask.
Prak.

Hi Prak335

I go on the 15th (not the 5th like I said above) Please tell me as much as you can ie the hotel, that trainer's name, where to go for the evening meal, and most of all the training.

Glad to hear that you passed

Hi Prak. Really looking forward to this. How was the food, everyone who has gone over there tells me they have caught food poisining.

Any tips

Snoxy20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back