Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSE Exams...what order? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberdo

MIS
Sep 22, 2003
US
I did not upgrade my NT4.0 MCSE, so I am going to have to take all the exams for my MCSE in Win2K. I am going to take the four core and 70-219, 70-220, and 70-221 for my exams. Is there an order that I should take these exams that will allow me to "build" as I go? Thanks in advance....

I would fit the 70-218 in there somewhere ( ideally in the first 4) and you will receive the MCSA on the way through.

It is an elective of the MCSE.

Goodluck

Also, Is there a MCP with Win2K? I did not read anything about it being part of this track, but I saw something about it in another fourm. If it is part of it, what is the requirements? Thanks

Pass any Microsoft exam in the Windows 2000 track, and you are an MCP with Windows 2000.

My MCSE plan is 70-270 (XP Pro), 215 (200 Server), 217 (Active Directory), 218 (MCSA/elective), 220 (Designing Security), 224 (Exchange 2000), and then wrap it up with the 70-216 (Network Infractructure), which is supposed to be the hardest. I know it will be for me, because I had a bugger of a time staying awake when I took my Network Infrastructure course.

Seriously, if you've never been to one of Jamie's lectures, you have never truly slept.

you may want to dump 70-270 in favour of 70-210 windows 2000 pro as it is nearly the same exam as the server one.

Regards

Si.

Win2k MCP

210, 215, 216, 218 gets you the MCSA then go 217 then 2 of your choice. Doing it this way means you get the MCSA on the way and you only have to do 1 design exam and the 218 exam is just a mix of 216 and 217.

If you are just starting up would it not be worth going for the 2003 track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back