Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSD VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegameoflife

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
US
Who here has taken the MCSD track with vb6?

I have. In March of 2002 took VB176(DeskTop - the toughest of the bunch), then VB175(Distributed - suprisingly easy, but probably only because 176 scared me so much), then VB100(Solutions Architecture - different, but not exceedingly difficult). Finally, in November of 2002 I took SQL229, Designing and Implementing Databases in SQL Server 2000, which was tough but much more 'useful' than the others.

I used experience, Exam Crams(good), MCSD in a Nutshell (excellent for Desktop) and the indespensible Transcenders.

I'm really glad I did it, and I decided to do it shortly after Microsoft announced that all the premium certs (not the MCP designation) are now good for life. I'm weighing whether or not to take the MCDBA, as I'd only need the 70-215(Windows 2000 Server) and the 70-228(Administering SQL Server 2K) - but I need to hurry, as the VB6 exams will be retired in June of 2004, so they will no longer count toward any other Certs.

Why do you ask?

I also took the MCSD track but what I’m looking for is the CD that came with the first vb class. I’m not sure if it was 175 or 176 but it was the class that started from square one of vb. I called MS and they said they don’t resell old software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back