Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSD certification help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAsh

Technical User
May 3, 2001
US
I need to buyy one book, with practice exams for MCSD certifiation. I jsut took the SQL server component (actually in MCSE) after a brief training course at Ameritrain and I failed. I failed because I'm jsut learning SQL from the beginning and I learned the material from a text book. I was unprepard for the actually exam. I need advice on what I should do/study. I also need to know what are the best sims, practice exams, etc. I need to know ASAP becasue I'm reschedule in 2 weeks.

Any help appreciated DrAsh

Are you taking the Admin or Database Design test? Let me know if you want a complete list of web pages which have free tests as well as lots of other info. I will be taking the admin test the week after next and have spent a lot of time compiling information.

I actually I'm studing both. I am very interested in a complete list of web pages you refer too. Thank You for offering. You can either email me or post it. I wish you the best of luck on your Admin test.

Sure, send me an email at cinjion@earthlink.net I have 20+ pages of study notes(Word Doc) that are excellent. The notes have mainly been compiled from my favorite selections: The Microsoft Training Kits for both SQL tests. These give a good overview of the areas for the test. Anything you are a little unsure about should be followed up within the Books On-Line. I think people often forget about the BOL, but you will find no better complete source of info, especially if you are looking to actually learn the material and not just remember enough for the test! Proceed then by finding or buying some practice tests and once again go back to the BOL for any weak areas. I used to get a secondary book which would be a little more detailed, but most of them seem to be a burp-up of the BOL, although I like the Exam Cram books for another 'quick overview' source. Hope this helps.... Send me an email and I will send you some notes and site listings if interested. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back