Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSA Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crichton

Technical User
Dec 17, 2007
GB
This may be a stupid question, but do you actually get a certificate when you achieve MCSA ???

The reason I ask is that I achieved my MCSA & MCTS status last week, and I got an email from Microsoft asking me to log on to the MCP site to either download or order my certificates. However, there is nothing there for an MCSA certificate, only an MCSA welcome pack, MCTS welcome pack and my MCTS certificate.

It just seems a bit odd to call it a certified qualification if you don't get a certificate.

The certificate is part of the welcome pack which you have to request. When you do that MS will send out the welcome pack to you.

Paul
MCSE 2003
MCSA 2003
MCITP Enterprise Administrator

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

I wonder why they've made the certificate a separate request to the welcome kit then for the MSTS.

So that you can download it write away instead of having to wait for it.

Some people were complaining that they needed the paper cert quickly for job interviews, bosses, etc. Not sure why the transcript sharing wouldn't have worked, but some people want to see the cert.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2008 Implementation and Maintenance / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Admin (SQL 2005/2008) / Database Dev (SQL 2005)

My Blog

They make the MCTS certificate separate from the MCTS Welcome Pack for two reasons.

1. So you can download the certificate separately from the welcome pack.

2. Because you only get one MCTS Welcome Pack, no matter how many MCTS certifications you get. But for every MCTS certification you attain you get a certificate.

I realised after I'd already posted that with the MCTS you get a certificate with each exam. I had assumed that the MCTS was just the same as the MCP and that you would get just one certificate.

This is true, you get one each. I've got about a half dozen of them floating around.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2008 Implementation and Maintenance / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Admin (SQL 2005/2008) / Database Dev (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back