Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCR and group pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

chele101

Programmer
Nov 16, 2011
US
I have 4 phones all mcr keys with 4 numbers. Example:

DES ICU
TN 020 0 05 03
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 82
SCI 0
SSU 0000
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FND HTD ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 MCR 8479 0 MARP
CPND
NAME ICU
XPLN 5
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 MCR 8478 0
CPND
NAME ICU
XPLN 5
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 MCR 8322 0
CPND
NAME ICU
XPLN 5
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
03 MCR 8678 0
CPND
NAME ICU
XPLN 5
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 TRN
05 AO6
DATE 9 MAR 2016

What they want to do is pick up a call on any phone any line, put it on hold then tell someone else to pick up said line on another phone. All 4 phones are set up same as above except the 00 keys are each extension so I can tell them apart..like 8479 on one phone as 00 and 8678 on another as 00 so on and so forth but all are MCR and all in group 82, PUA and GPUA both set. Am I doing something wrong? The users say they cant pick up calls that nothing is flashing on the sets. I am going to lay eyes on it tomorrow but was hoping someone could check my work and let me know if they see something not right or if my plan isn't even an option! I have made mistakes before :)

Any advice is appreciated. I'm self taught so I question everything i do on this old system.

Hi

It is impossible to pick up already answered call (call on hold). Use call park feature.

Is there just one main number for this group? Or might callers be dialing any of the 4 numbers?
Your printout doesn't show where the MARP is for the other keys.

With MCR keys after the call is answered at one phone it is then only active on that phone. You can put the call on hold but only on that phone. The other appearances are free to accept another call.
The only real advantage of MCR is when you need to receive many calls on many different phones on a single key.

If there is only one main number then you probably want to change the keys to SCR. You would need to make sure that there is one TN that is the MARP for the main number and all the subsequent SCR keys and that TN has CLS HTA and LHK x where x is the key number of the last SCR.

StanleySteamer, yes they have 4 numbers that are called and each one is marped on its on TN. The staff keeps telling me that before I changed it (they were getting busy signals too often so I made the change to MCR) they could put a call on hold and pick it up on the other phones. Each phone had an appearance of each other on it. I'm at a loss as to how they were doing it but the nurse that's been here since the dawn of time is very angry with me for changing her set up and wants it back :)

Sstarkov, I was wondering how they were able to do it when logically speaking there is no way. Im not sure what they were doing but she showed me how they did it and it totally looked as if they were doing just what they said..but in the background there had to be something I missed.

I have another nurses station that says they can do this so I will go take a look and see what it looks like and possibly recreate it. I really appreciate your responses and once i see what they are doing i will come back and copy it here. Thanks again!!

Possible option:
Build key 0 as individual SCR numbers on each phone. Have them roll over to the same numbered SCR key 1,2,3 etc on each phone. Build a dummy analog phone corresponding to each number on all of the phones, I believe this will take away the exclusive hold and allow anyone to pick it up from any key. You should be able to test this pretty easily before you deploy it.

I just had my tech go up to these phones and I dont know how but this is working. They were able to place a call on hold and go to another phone, see the arrow flashing and pick it up. Im going to leave it alone..these phones are possessed ;)

Thanks everyone for the help. You guys are the best!!

Hi.

It is useful to re-read documentation :-|

Maybe this?

Call Hold, Deluxe feature

Feature description
Deluxe Call Hold (DHLD) offers two options: Individual Hold and Exclusive
Hold.
Individual Hold indicates only those calls placed on hold on Meridian 1
proprietary telephones in a multiple appearance, single call arrangement.
When a user puts a call on hold, normal hold (winking) is indicated at the
user’s telephone only. A slow flicker is shown at all other telephones with the
multiple appearance.
With Exclusive Hold Class of Service, multiple appearances of a line remain
exclusive to the user’s telephone, even when the call is put on hold. While
hold (winking) is indicated at the telephone holding the call, the Directory
Number (DN) lamp is steadily lit on all other appearances of the held call. The
Privacy Release key must be used for access by other appearances of the DN.
Telephones with the Exclusive Hold capability can be held at any single-line
or Meridian digital telephone with an appearance.

Hmm! You learn something new everyday even when you don't know it. I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I did.. And didn't know. I have an old manuel that is worn out from my constant use. It's as sacred as a Bible!

Gonna look that up now too. Haha! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back