Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCP- Win 2k Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bod824

MIS
May 16, 2002
US
I have sat through Win2K Pro/Server classes and have the MOC manuals for both classes. I have heard that I need to out-source and invest in more/better books to actually pass the Win2K exam and gain my MCP. Is this true? Or is it possible to actually pass the Win2K Pro/server exam with only the MOC training manuals??? Just wanted to get some feed back on this issue. Thanks for your time.

-O'D.

The only additional material I used was the Transcender exams for practice...it depends on how thorough your instructor was.
Good luck.

I see that you are a programmer. I am set to begin a PC Programming track in late June. I will be studying Java, Visual Basic, Web Design, those type of languages. What advice can you give me with regards to this field? What type of programming do you work with? Do you enjoy your job?

My goal is to get involved in Web Design ? I think that would bring out the creative side of me... at least I'm hoping it will.... your thoughts....

Programming is one of many hats I have worn.
Advice? Be prepared to spend the rest of your life studying, in or out of school, in order to keep up...and get lots of experience.

Yes, I enjoy my work. It's varied enough to keep interesting...I climb around under the hardware one week, run cables the next, and write in various languages in between.

Web design is becoming a very diverse field...Data base, XML, graphic arts, animation, etc. Pick at least 2 areas and become an expert.

I don't know you so I don't know how such a career fits you. But good luck in your endeavors.

Bod824 :
New Riders Books are wonderful !
try to get some of them ...
Eng.Mohamed Farid
Cisco Certified Network Associated ,,
Building Cisco Remote Access Network Certified ,,
Routing Cisoc Networks Certified ,,
Switching Networks Cisco Certified ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor