Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK Module EXTender 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephBernard

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2005
US
I read the data sheet for the MCK Module EXTender and noticed the line:

"Depending on configuration, up to 10 remote Norstar Trunk or Station Modules may be connected with Module EXTender."

But I can't find how that would work exactly. Right now we have 3 pairs of extenders with one station module each, but if we can somehow get 10 on 1, that would solve some problems we are having.

as of today there are 10 exp slots available for stat/trunk modules all of these are capable of using the extenders...not 10 exp ports on 1 extender

ski season has started

That makes more sense.

Their website says this:

"The Module EXTender local unit connects to the Norstar KTS at the central location and the remote unit remotely connects to up to 10 Norstar trunk or station modules"

which made me think there was some type of multiplexing going on. The other thing that confused me was that their data sheet says this:

"DISTRIBUTED STAR - BRANCH OFFICE
Uses one Module EXTender pair for each branch. Up to 100 branches,each up to 3km."

I guess that 100 is a typo. Guess I'll contact MCK to make sure. Thanks, luv2ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back