Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK Extender problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEastTech

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
Hello,

I have installed 2 MCK ext6000 at remote sites off of a MICS and an MCK gateway. I am having repeated issues with the ports shutting down. I can not get them working again. I got a replacement from MCK and the unit they sent looked like a refurb. I could not get the 8th port to work so I finally ended up using a spare. I am using IP not WAN as my connection. These are point to point T-1's with an Adtran Atlas seperating the data and voice at the main site and Adtran 120's at the remotes. I don't think this is a network issue. Has anyone had a similar issue? The ports just seam to die. The display goes blank and they will not reconnect. Even after re-setting the units and ports. Any suggestions?

HAVE YOU CONTACTED MCK SUPPORT, THEY ARE VERY GOOD ABOUT GETTING BACK TO YOU

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Yes I have. I haven't had such good luck. They give you a 2 hour callback window. A few weeks ago, they had techs in queue. They were just purchased by Citel. I have not had good response times since then. I could be a hundred miles away in 2 hours.

I tried to ask some tech info from MCK in order to purchase equipment. No answer. The tech docs on their site are a year older than the docs I have from old equipment.
I like their equipment and maybe it will all shake out.

NARSBARS

Are you sure it is the MCK's and not the station side on the Norstar? Try swapping the station side and see if the problem moves. I have found that a lot of the problems were on the Norstar side.

I am experiencing the same problem with a MCK PBX Gateway II (24-port). The box powers up and I get connectivity, but after approximately 5-10 minutes, the switch automatically resets itself. There is not an auto-reboot setting either. It seems to be hardware failure. I contacted tech support, but the unit tis our of warranty so they want an outrageous $1000+ for the maintenance. The box is not even worth that much. If anyone is in the business of repairing these switches, please let me know. Or if anyone knows where to go for quality support, that would be greatly appreciated.

Softbatch,

These ports will work for a few days and then stop? I have e-mailed all of the logs and setup info as well as a backdoor debugging log that the engineers walked me through getting for them. This was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard from them.

I just tried replacing a unit last week and could never get it to connect to the network. I could not ping the router sitting next to me. I thought the LAN connection could be bad so I connected my laptop and I could ping the unit fine. I put the old unit back in and the ports were up in 5 min. I tried replacing this unit 3 times and could never get it to operate. I got in touch with a tech support guy at MCK. He told me he thought it was a mac address conflict and the customer's network was probably the problem. I just don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

when you look at the log what does it say for those ports that quit working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back