Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK Analog Extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

The02KID

Vendor
Jul 15, 2010
US
I have a MCK Analog Extender 1000u. When I set it up in my switchroom and test it it works fine. When I go to the remote site and connect it I have problems and it does not sync up. The remote end is a DSL line with a analog phone working off of it. The DSL filter is connected. When I unplug the phone and hook up the MCK I HAVE PROBLEMS. Has anybody hooked up a MCK to a DSL line.

Thanks

We have quite a few of the Extender 4000s in the field working off cable and DSL. Are you programming a static IP in the extender or using DHCP?

The Extender 1000 does not do IP. It won't work at DSL protocols, but it should work on any POTS line. I would try it at another house or office that does not have DSL so you can prove it is in fact DSL related.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

It does work on a DSL line I found out. The problem now,is where do I xconnect the next port , W/Or or W/Gr. I lost the install manual so I need help with the xconnection.
Thank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back