Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK 6000 Gateway/Meridian MICS trouble shooting, Programming issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertTech

Vendor
Jan 5, 2014
US
My client has two offices. Main office has a Nortel MICS with T7316 sets, this MICS is interfaced with a MCK 6000 utilizing 7 of it's 12 ports which is connected via the router to a 12 port Remote unit at office number 2. The remote is also connected to a router and it serves (7) T7316 sets. Everything has been working OK, so I have not had to mess with it.

I am not the original phone tech, I just inherited the sites a few months ago as the installing tech has moved out of the area. The problem is- The owner has decided to install one more T7316 at the remote office. The LED's and the Port Configuration programming indicates that the unused port number 6 is "UP" and "Extended", the Voice is "ADPCM32", the Signal and Voice ports are "IP".

When I plug in the T7316, the station flashes in the normal boot-up manner and the display shows "Connecting". However, it never boots up, it just keeps flashing with no further info on the display. The phone set checks OK, the Circuit to the remote checks OK, the other (7) T7316's are up and OK and the extension checks OK at the MICS.

This Gateway was installed on 7/28/06. The Hardware type is: Gateway Rev 7 Mod 0. ROM ver. 2.1r3, Flash ver. FMMV1.0, DSP ver. 2.1.33 sig-2.0m55 vox, PLD ver. 3.1, Runtime ver. 2.1.6r3 (Jun 6, 2005), DRAM: 4194304, Heap 884376 Free, Flash 2276352 Free.

In the Configuration program on the Gateway it shows: PORT ERROR: 6)Rx Sig buff 5 full. Discard 2 (5c 1b). I don't know enough about this unit to understand what it wants or needs. Does anyone have any solutions or a course of action for me to take?

Thanks in advance.

They have 7 sets yet port 6 is not in use?

Could it be a defective port? why would they not activate ports 1 to 7 otherwise I wonder?
Did you activate/cross-connect the port from the KSU to the Gateway?

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

It's worse than that- The installing Tech skipped Ports 1, 2, 5, 6, 5 and 8. I triple checked all the cross connect wires from the KSU to the 110 block. I connected a T7316 at the 110 before it went into the Gateway, and it was good. In addition, I connected a T7316 direct to the Remote units 110 block. The possibility of a "BAD PORT" did enter my mind. Are these units prone to eating ports?

Thanks for responding Curlycord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back