Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCDST

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcaney

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
GB
Hi, Has anyone recently taken the MCDST certification. I have downloaded the Self test exams and have managed to obtain a 90% pass rate in both exams, but wondered how relative they are to the real exams. Also from reading the Exam Cram 2 books on this certification I feel am more than ready to take the exams. Any advise from anyone who has recently taken these exams would be greatfully appreciated. Many thanks, Matt

real exams are much different then the exam you take, pretty much like real world scenarios. i've took all 7 mcse exams back in 2000 and 80 of the questions are scenarios. good luck with your M$ path.

I have studied the Self Test also and have found only 1 question even close to the questions on the actual test. What I would like to see from microsoft is when you study their pretest on their website that they let you know the correct answers when you miss them. How are you suppose to study when you don't know the right answer. Good luck on your MCDST.

I took the 70-270 exam and it was fairly easy. Supprisingly it asked questions about Active Directory which is more on the server side. Topics to study for: printers, permissions, internet stuff, os installs, network stuff.

i took the beta for these exams and they were long but simple questions if you know the xp menus and you no abit about ie and outlook express

good traing guide is learnkey or CBT nuggets

You're ready to take both test. the questions weren't too picky. Just be sure to know ie security and privacy options. Also know display options and basic tcp setup like missing or invalid dns, wins, default gateway settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back