Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCDST 70-271 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpanther56

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
Hi all

I'll be taking 70-271 next week and wondered if anyone had any tips for this exam, tricky areas that are always covered or things to revise last min before the exam?

Cheers.

Hey, saw ur post and have a question. I want to take some MCDST classes but i don't know where, if i should take online class, which one is good, where to register or if i can take the certification tes online too...maybe u can give me someadvice ...thanks

I haven't taken any classes i've just been studying the MS books at work. You can book the exams through VUE but you need to go to a test center to take them.

Any specific books you can reccommend? i notice the MS book itself is sold out on Amazon here in the UK.

I was actually looking around for some free study info and found the guide on cramsession - however, after reading through that - going over some nugget videos, I thought I would have a go at some free tests....which are nowhere to be found.

Anyone know of a site with some free practice tests (even if small) ?

thanks for the link Pinkpanther, unfortunately that book comes in at £25 :( if its as good as you say though, perhaps its worth it...

would this be enough to learn to pass MCDST though?

It's probably not enough on it's own but if you can answer the questions at the back of each section then it's a fair pointer that you know enough to take the exam. As i say it comes with a test exam on the CD so read the book then take the test.

I can see one on Amazon marketplace for £9.

Done and passed 899 pass was 700, this exam had 61 questions which caught me off guard as all the others i've taken had 50.
The book covered almost everything except SP2 questions so brush up on the SP2 firewall and the fact that it's on by default and the popup blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back