Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCDN doesnt work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hi folks i have a CS1000 ver5.5 that seems to have an issue sending calls to VM. The MCDN is 5555 and it has MWC=yes configured. If i call 5555 directly it routes straight to the operator. Likewise, if i hit the MWK softkey on the phone it sends it to the operator just the same. Here is the rub, if i take away MWC=yes and set it to MWC=NO, then calls flow to VM. The only problem is that VM wont answer the phone when it FDNs after 4 rings. Im guessing this issue is buried in the CDB programming or somewhere else within the PBX system. Any advice finding this bug would be appreciated. Thank you kindly!!

No bites on this issue i see, im a little disappointed but that's ok because after some mind-numbing research, i discovered the problem and decided to list it here in case in the unlikely event this happens again, someone else wont develop an aneurism like i did trying to figure it out :) So the solution to an ACDN / MCDN with MWC=YES being sent directly to the operator instead of any other number regardless, all comes from the ATT programming under LD15. In particular the MATT setting. If MATT=YES, then that makes the console a message center and you guessed it, calls from an MCDN (ACD with MWC=yes), go directly to the console. Simply turn that feature off MATT=NO, and MCDN calls will now flow to whatever you have for your NCFW. Im going to bed.

In the callpilot/merdian 1 config (NN44200-302) the mention of MATT is

MATT NO (YES)
Set to YES if Network Message Service (NMS) has not been purchased.
If NMS has been purchased, set the primary Meridian 1 switch to YES and all secondary systems to NO

Thanks for reaching out Bignose. You didnt really answer my initial question, but thats ok, i appreciate the additional info about MATT even though i already identified it as the problem in my case. Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back