Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD Upgrade 56005413 RB.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
GB
Slot ID: 1
PCB Assembly and Rev Level: 56005413 RB.2
Core Speed: 297000000
Bus Speed: 66000000
Memory Size: 268435456
MAC Address: 08:00:0f:15:94:7b
IP Address: 192.168.4.2
BOOTROM Rev: 2.3/11 Jan 13 2009
Post Rev: 2.3/11 Jan 13 2009

I have the following system. Can someone suggest the route to upgrading. I am currently running 9.0.3.29.

I need a memory upgrade. I had a quick look this morning before work and there doesnt appear to be traditional DIMMS like I would know, can this PCB be upgraded via proprietary Mitel memory?

I'm assuming that I go from 9.0.3.29 to MCD 4.0 SP3 first? and then onwards to MCD 4.1SP1?

Will the ICP Software Installer guide me from 9 to MCD 4? IE will it do the database migration etc, or is there anything manual I will have to do?

Thanks in advance

Tim

what is the controller type? Older controllers (mx and older) are not supported past R9. A hardware upgrade is required to upgrade past R9.
As for SWI it will handle the upgrade and restore to MCD4.0 on first log in you will be asked which database type you plan to use RDN via opsman or SDS. Once this is complete then upgrade to 4.1

I think '56005413 RC.2 ' is MX, so won't be able to have RAM upgrade/run MCD 4.0/4.1...

Great!

A legacy VOIP system already, dead before its time.

NEXT!

Thanks for the info guys. I'm assuming I'm going to rapidly run out of handsets options in the next year or so then?

Off to ebay for replacement handsets.

Tim

Actually Mitel is offering hardware upgrade program. They can sell you a new controller where you can move all your licences which is the most expensive part of the system.

MX system has soldered in memory chips which are not field upgradable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back