Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD Export 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelatman

Technical User
Dec 21, 2010
GB
Hey Folks,

Ive been having a really weird issue. When trying to export forms to csv, it goes through the motions but after selecing where to save the form, it seems to hang on the csv download window. The same thing happens when trying to open the csv instead of save it.

Any ideas what I can try?

The download options in IE are fine as it worked last week on another 3300 (MCD 5), but failed to work prior to that on a different 3300 (3300 r9, MCD 4 & MCD 4.2). All of these systems are in my allowed sites on IE.

Thanks,

Lat

If you have them in your trusted sites in IE, make sure the settings for trusted sites include:

Automatic Prompting for File Download - Enable
DownLoad - Enable

What version of IE are you using?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Hi,

Yeah it's a trusted site and the download options are set ok. To try and prove it to my laptop I built a virtual instance on my laptop of MCD 5, was able to import and export without issue. So it looks like its a problem with that system, despite being trusted.

Weird!

If its only the one system I would agree that it is the source of the issue.

Reboot?

Yeah I've rebooted it several times, (customer has not cut over to using it yet) I'm also getting a lot of IE lockups when I'm using this system. It's weird as no other system does this to me!

have you tried with a different browser say mozzila?

If you have the option to call tech support, I would suggest that you do so. I've seen issues in programming cause problems with the ESM.

Won't let me use Firefox, tells me IE only. I was having issues with it prior to programming it. Funnily it started when I put the second hard dive in. 2nd line Tech support are convinced it's my laptop at fault (despite not having issues anywhere else)

I have had issues because of a failing HDD, you could not connect to the system until a reboot.

What happens if you remove the second HDD?

I had an issue whereby if I tried to export to a .csv file it would ask for verification then crash and burn- don't know if that's what you're experiencing. I got around the issue by going to I.E/tools/Internet Options/Trusted Sites, hit the sites button and added 192.168.*.*, 10.*.*.* and 172.*.*.* - now I can export like a God.
This covers all the private addreses, if I come across one outside of these ranges I just add it manually. If you still have problems just hold the Ctrl key down when you save or open the file.
Hope this helps.

I've had joy in the past by hitting cancel to the first message, then exporting again and saving that one.

Cancel my first response - thats how I got around reach through not working - brain's back in gear now. The way I fixed this problem was I.E./Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab - tick the box "allow active content to run in files on my computer".

Now where was I.....?

Thanks Actswitch......I was wondering....I've used that to get around a reach through issue myself! I'll give the active setting a bash!

There is an easy workround to this... Hold the control key down on your keyboard as you click export. leave it held until you get a dialogue box offering to save the CSV file. In this way you dont have to mess with your IE settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back