Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoopyLou

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
CA
Looks like there is a product bulletin out there for MCD 7. From what I have been told these are some of the "highlights". June Release

- No per node support
- Hyper V virtualization
- Auto extension numbers assigned to device only sets
- Alarms in backup fails
- changes in GUI to some forms.
- New console application ( 5550 still supported )

Off to see if I can find it on MOL.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

NOtice there is now a license associated with the console? Helps says its for active i.e present consoles. Just like the active ACD agent licensing.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

License PN 52002842 for bundle of 1 active operator, MiVoice Business Console software license, 1 Presence license for MiVoice Collab and labels for keyboard. MLP 1,820.00. Not available until around 7/1. 1 PN for each active operator but software can be installed on multiple PC's. Just like active ACD agents.

I was looking forward to the new DID table

Just looking over the documentation now.

Multiple DID numbers cannot be assigned to the same destination.

A**holes

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

yesterday I was going to use it for the first time but didn't due to that limitation...

i am not impressed with this new version....

the other day one of our customers asked: What is new with Mitel, where are the new phones?? New products??

...and I was like... well there is whisper now...

better not to read what he answered....

yeah , I tested a 5505 Sip IP phone , thought we may be able to use it in a business environment ....
There doesn't appear to be a method to transfer a call from it ? seriously ? I don't expect much from a sip device but at least it should be able to answer, transfer and put a call on hold.
I know I should have known better from the Name " 5505 Guest " but I don't understand why anyone would make such a limited device in the first place.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

kwbMitel, The docs might say you can't assign it, but the software lets you assign multiple DID's to the same destination.

@ isrm - You better not be messing with me. I don't think I can take the disappointment twice.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Don't forget about Music on Hold support from legacy devices (tape, CD, radio, players) to vMCD (virtualized call control). This software will allow you to stream music/audio from a legacy audio device (like a radio, or CD) to any Mitel variant - 3300 ICP, vMCD without a 3300 ICP, MiCD and MCD on ISS. The software uses a USB audio sound card to connect the legacy 3.5mm jack to USB. From there the MOH software streams the audio to vMCD to provide MoH. It is using SIP, however you require the software talked about in the bulletin. You want to look for the Merbridge Music on Hold server. All listed on Mitel's MOL.

@kwb - not messing with you, I tested it on my switch

Don't know if its a good idea to do something that they docs say you can't. You may run into it gettting "fixed" in subsequent releases and then its the old "well that's design intent.

You can't duct tape stupid.

Think I will raise a ticket then, this is vital to make DID's useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back