Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 6.0 to MiVB 7.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

619Tech

Vendor
Sep 18, 2009
US
We are about to upgrade our largest and most important customer from MCD 6.0 SP3 (12.0.3.15) to MiVB 7.0 (13.0.0.83). 12 controllers clustered with 4 sites in 3 states. Centralized NuPoint 16.2.0.5 , Contact Center 7.0.1.0, UCA 6.0. Telco is currently PRI, with no SIP.

Anything to watch out for or be aware of??

You are game upgrading a stable production environment to a GA release.
We typically wait for the first SP or FixPack for any upgrade and only use GA releases on new deployments unless there are issues with the running environment.

13.0.0.83 is the first patch release for 7

13.0.0.80 was the initial release

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Yup - Currently 7.0 PR1 - I'd go for it as long as there is a need.

No Need? No Upgrade

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

SP1 is also due out soon , bulletin was released today for it

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Summary

MiVoice Business 7.0 SP1 is targeted for release at the beginning of October 2014. It includes a number of bug fixes but also has some new features and functionality, most notably, this is the first release where we are officially stating support for MiVoice Business software running in a Microsoft Hyper-V environment.

Target Market / Opportunity / Positioning

MiVoice Business 7.0 SP1 will be available for download from Mitel On-Line for all certified partners. Along with the bug fixes which are referenced in the Release Notes, we are delivering additional capabilities in this software release, specifically:
Support for deployment in a Microsoft Hyper-V environment
A range of SIP enhancements to strengthen our offer
A selection of DCR's raised by customers and partners

Product Overview / Features & Benefits / Description
Microsoft Hyper-V
Mitel has been a leader in delivering our software into virtualization frameworks. With this release we are claiming support for the software operating on a Hyper-V framework. This will help continue to improve the TCO of the Mitel solution by allowing customers to run the software in their existing Hyper-V framework.

Whilst the detailed engineering guidelines and capacities will be published once all testing is completed, initial results have shown that we require double the vCPU in Hyper-V deployments compared to VMware. Please ensure that the guidelines are consulted prior to quoting the customer solution to ensure the necessary resources are available. At this time we have qualified basic features like Power On and Shutdown Guest, future consideration will be given to more advanced features such as Live Migration and Failover Clustering.

Unlike VMware deployments, Mitel will not be delivering a specific .ova file for Hyper-V. Partners can simply order part number "54005748 - MiVoice Business Virtual for Enterprise" to create the base kit in the AMC. The actual installation process will use the ISS image which is part of the software downloads on MOL.

SIP ENHANCEMENTS

We continue to evolve and strengthen our SIP offering on the MiVoice Business platform both in support of 3rd party devices and applications as well as connection to SIP networks. This release sees a number of additions to our SIP capabilities:

Enhanced SIP Call Billing

Enhancements for SIP call billing have been made to allow the option to configure a user-specific billing number, which can be different than the CPN Substitution (public) number for the same user. This is especially important for Service Providers who are deploying Mitel solutions with multiple instances of the call manager software for multiple end customers but using common SIP gateways.

New SIP Peer Profile Defaults

Changes to the default options settings in the SIP Peer Profile have been made based on customer/partner feedback as follows:

[ul]
[li]Route Call Using P-Called-Party-ID (if present) - Yes[/li]
[li]Allow Peer to Use Multiple Active M-lines - Yes[/li]
[li]Avoid Signalling Hold to Peer - Yes[/li]
[li]Limit to One Offer/Answer per Invite - Yes[/li]
[li]NAT Keep alive - Yes[/li]
[li]Prevent the Use of IP Address 0.0.0.0 in SDP messages - Yes[/li]
[li]De-Register Using Contact Address Not '*' - Yes[/li]
[li]Disable Reliable Provisional Responses - No[/li]
[li]Only Use SDP to Decide 180 or 183 - Yes[/li]
[li]Require Reliable Provisional Responses on Outgoing Calls - Yes[/li]
[li]Use P-Asserted Identity Header - Yes[/li]
[/ul]

SIP Release Line Transfer (SIP 2B-Channel Transfer)

Many customers have business requirements that require them to transfer incoming calls to other locations, not internal to their organization. In the past, the inbound and outbound legs of the SIP trunk call are tied up for the entire duration of the call. Now, the call clears down after completing the transfer to an external party (trunk to trunk transfer). This is similar to PRI's 2B-Channel Transfer. With this feature, customers no longer need to over provision SIP trunks, i.e. reduced costs, and frees up SIP trunking resources for additional calls.

Default Dynamic Payload Options

Configurable Default Dynamic Payload options for DTMF (was previously 101), G.722.1, and L16 payloads. The default dynamic payload values can be configured through the Controller Registry form. This capacity has been requested by a number of customers and Service Providers.

Local Name Display on SIP Devices

Ability to display names locally on SIP devices (e.g. guest name for cruise ship deployments using SIP devices). The name will be delivered in the 200 OK registration message, which includes (in the P-Asserted Identity Header) the Directory Name as configured in the User and Services Configuration form.

Support for Three (3) Calling Party Numbers

Ability to support three calling party numbers for most outgoing calls in SIP messages. In addition to numbers included in the From: and P-Asserted Identity headers, the P-Preferred Identity Header can be configured to provide User Associated Billing information. This has been requested by Service Providers delivering hosted/Cloud based offers using MiVoice Business.

Support for SIP Calling Line ID Restriction (CLIR)

Call Control supports the Calling Line ID Restriction (CLIR) notifications from SIP devices and trunks. When a SIP module detects the privacy indicator for a call originated from a SIP trunk or device, all data (including the privacy indicator) is passed to Call Control, which uses this information to provide correct and private data on the next leg of the call.

Signal Privacy on Emergency Calls

To satisfy legal requirements to respect privacy on emergency calls, a new SIP Peer Profile option 'Signal Privacy (if enabled) on Emergency Calls' is provided. With this option enabled, the CESID information will be included ONLY in the P-Asserted-Identity header and not in the From: header -- when an emergency call is made from a private extension and the caller has privacy enabled. Important Note: if your system is unable to extract CESID data from the P-Asserted Identity header, DO NOT enable this option. Otherwise, emergency response teams will not receive the necessary information.

"Expires" Header in 200ok Responses

Addition of "Expires" Header in the 200ok response for a Register Request message. This is mainly for SIP implementations using MS_UCMA. Previously, it was only included in the Contact header.

FEATURE REQUESTS

Call Forward Always for Ring Groups

Following the improvements to group behavior made in MiVoice Business Release 7.0 we are adding the capability to allow Call Forward Always to be supported on Ring Groups. Whilst DND and Absence of all members can invoke similar results, Call Forward Always gives a level of flexibility in how calls are handled. Set-up is done using Forwarding Profile form or from a set or console using the Call Forwarding - Follow Me - Third Party FAC.

Private Caller Feature

A new Feature Access Code (FAC) Private Caller allows a caller to prevent their identity being displayed to the called party on a call by call basis. Both the name and number will be suppressed and a privacy indication will be displayed on the called device when the user dials the Private Caller FAC before dialling the destination number. This has been a frequent customer request.

Enhanced ISDN Outward Dialing Modification

Enhanced ISDN Outward Dialing Modification allows the same flexibility in ISDN as we have in SIP, to modify the digits before they are passed to the public network. In other words, it allows you to alter the calling party number on outgoing calls over ISDN E1 links (programmed as EURO Standard protocol).

MiConfig Wizard IMPROVEMENTS

Driven by our services team and partner feedback, we continue to make improvements to the Configuration Wizard to help reduce install time and eliminate potential human error in programming. In this release we have added the following capabilities:

Provisioning support for Call Billing for SIP Gateway configurations.
New Configuration profiles available for Windstream, Verizon and other popular SIP service providers.
Classes of Service and other configuration data added to facilitate the integration of MiVoice Business and MiContact Center.
New option added for designating the prime DN for Multicall and Key System keys.
Configuration Wizard defaults for Classes of Service always used to configure MiVoice Business (previously, users could choose whether or not to use them when they applied their configuration).
Creation of an Administrator Account for access to commonly-used forms in the MiVoice Business System Administration Tool.

Configuration Information

For Hyper-V deployments, orders should include the MiVoice Business Virtual for Enterprise part number (54005748) - please refer to engineering guidelines as they become available.

Please also note that, as previously announced, we do not recommend that customers with the Peripheral Nodes in their network, upgrade to MiVoice Business 7.0 GA or 7.0 SP1. Where these cabinets and devices are in the network we suggest the customer remains at Release 6.0, and that migration paths are explored to ensure they are removed from the network over the next 15 months. Please contact Marketing for details of programs that will support your customers in making this migration.

Great stuff as we are planning on moving up to 7.0 etc. As well . Good info coming out , appreciate it KWB and everyone else !

Thanks !

Only upgraded 1 small system so far but what I noticed was the new user/device layout didnt work too well for me.
So now you have a user with telephony services, ie User One may have an EHDU and deskphone, this looks nice and I can see would make management easier in a larger environment,
But what my upgrade did was create a separate user for each device, so I would have 2 user ones in the list each with 1 telephony service.
I was able to manually correct this but in a larger environment this would be a tedious task.
Maybe I missed somthing but if not this is a right pain.

Looks like we are going to wait for 7.0 SP1. THX ALL!

Mitel released SP1 on Oct 8

Mitel promptly pulled SP1 due to issues with upgrades

Do Not use 13.0.1.26 if you already have it

Wait for 13.0.1.28 or higher - tentative date Oct 17

KB 14-519-00335

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back