Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 6.0 Licence Violation Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpot

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
GB
We have a cluster of 6 MCD 6.0 using DLM. 2 of the systems are giving an error when saving the licence options (They appear to grab the licences from the AMC ok). The error is :-
System Capacity Server error:Operation unsupported

Any ideas?

Colpot
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

Did you ever find a fix for this? I've got the same problem.

Never seen the error but when I see Capacity I think they are over subscribed on one of the systems. Would go to product support in case its a bug.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Look at the application group licensing forms. Do you see all of your systems in there? It will also show you what systems are in error and how many licenses are applied to each.
Also on the Designated license manager you need to hit change on the Application Group Licensing Form and then save. Then synch all the switches (you can just select the licensing option in the Synch form).

Further more on some clustered releases I have seen the License error take up to a day to clear.

Apologies - I found that 2 x Controllers were over allocated so I reduced the allocation and the Violation ceased.

Colpot
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

I like to see in these posts that the solution is indicated. Thanks colpot.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back