Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 5.0 with Nupoint Transfer to Voicemail! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDCIN

Technical User
Feb 25, 2010
US
Another post about transfering to VM! Ahhh!

i have set up transfer to VM a few time with Embedded and Nupoint on various releases of MCD, this is the first one with 5.0. i set up just like the faq below, however no when i transfer a call or even dial *xxxx i get "Welcome to the message center, please enter a mailbox etc.." instead of the persons mailbox, what am i missing?

faq1329-6963

Having the same issue, ended up using speedcalls....would be interested in a fix if someone knows...

I have tried from both a non voicemail phone and a voicemail phone and same result

The quick dial solution *xxxx only works with embedded

Access message center and dial extension is the only simple solution I know with Nupoint

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Here is an example of programming:
To setup a transfer to vm xxxx:
- Create a single line 66xxxx (66 is an example, can be any digit)
- Reroute always 66xxxx to voicemail pilot
- On the Nupoint, associate 66xxxx as secondary extension to the voicemail xxxx.
Now to transfer to voicemail xxxx, just dial 66xxxx

brewski6666, your my new best friend! Your way works perfectly. I'm inplementing it asap.

thanks for the tip!!

Well done Brewski6666. I'd forgotten that way. I actually have used that before but not often. only so much room in my brain I guess.

TDCIN/Cardine - How many of these are you setting up?

100 or less I recommend using hunt groups as the steering digits

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

there is another way to do this that I came up with a couple of months ago. In my humble opinion, it is way better than the way that I used to do it which is the two different ways for the embedded and NPM mentioned above.

use the call park feature
-change the call park FAC to something like *#
-change the call park timer on the extension COS to 1 second
-change the call park recall destination to go to the targets call forward no answer destination instead of recalling the phone that parked the call.

usage
press transfer > *# xxxx.
on the attendant consoles you have a shortcut for call park

Pros
-that is all there is to program, no phantom DN's that are routed to voicemail. no going into advanced on every NPM box to add the phantom extension.
-nothing to remember to do when you add a new phone in 6 months - a real bonus
-works for both Embedded and NPM - so your trainers only have to remember one procedure to train your customers on

cons
-only works when you are transferring a trunk, doesn't work for simply dialling the shortcut like *xxxx does on the embedded.
-makes it so you can't use the call park feature to park a call against a phone.

if you are in the habit of using the key, group park, for system wide park positions, then simply use a hunt group for that and use a different COS with a longer park timer.

guess I should mention, what you are doing is parking the call on the extension, for 1 second, then it forwards off to the extensions mailbox, (assuming the phone is call rerouted 1st alternative to voicemail)
like a lot of "solutions" in Mitel, it won't work for all customers, but this one will for most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back