Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 5.0 - How to send extension name via SIP Trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCXaus

Technical User
Dec 5, 2011
AU
We have just moved from an ISDN service to a SIP service.

When we receive a call in from other users of this SIP service, their name displays on our extensions (5330s) as so:
COMPANY FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
NUMBER-THEY-CALLED-FROM

However, when I call out to these people, I get the following:
212345678 21234
(in this example my number is 0212345678)

How can I make the SIP Trunks send out the name the extension is programmed with? OR - how can I make it send any other name? We have some groups in the company who display a common number when calling out - I'd love for this to display the groups name.

I have looked through the SIP Trunks COS, the Peer Profile, even removing entries from the CPN Substitution index but no go.

:code.poet:

A couple of things to check

In Class of service make sure Name Suppression on Outgoing Trunk Call in not enabled
Check the Calling Line ID settings in the SIP per profile.
You may have to play with hese as it depends on your service provider.
Also take a look at the Signaling and Header Manipulation P asserted header options
Again these will be provider dependent ( maybe check to see if there is an CoE for your SIP provider)
The CoE often has lots of options that has been tested between the Mitel and the SIP provider.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Thanks, Supernove99.

Name Suppression is turned off in the CoS for both the SIP Trunk and the extensions
I did set 'Public Calling Party Number Passthrough' to 'Yes' in the Calling Line ID settings, but this had no affect.
Set the 'Use Privacy:none' and the P-Asserted/P-Preferred headers to 'Yes', no affect.

I can see the weird number string (second line in my example in OP) getting passed in the CCS TRACE results when I call in, btu I can't see anything getting passed out in the trace when I call out. I'll have a chat with my provider and see what they say.

Thanks again :)

Hi UCXaus

Have you tried a SIP trace? or a Wireshark Trace?
I am not sure the name will be displayed in the CCS trace, but will definitely be shown in the SIP trace

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

I just did a SIP TCPDUMP ON, made a call externally to the desk next to mine, then turned ot off and downloaded the .pcap file for wireshark.
I can see my name in the SIP Display info along with the correct from address, but it still shows the mess of my public number.

Fromt he capture file, I can see a Status: 180 Ringing with the following:

SIP Display info: "F.Lastname"​

then I get a Status: 200 OK with the following:
From: "212345678 212345678" <sip:212345678@ipaddress;user=phone>;
SIP Display Info: "212345678 212345678"​

It looks to me that the Mitel is sending the information out but not receiving it back in, whereas it does receive in from other callers on the SIP network (not from my company though). I haven't looked through a SIP trace before so I could be wrong - what else should I be looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back