Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 5.0 AMC offline sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky4j

Technical User
Nov 11, 2009
GB
Hope someone can help!

There seems to be a few posts regarding the ability to try and update the MCD 5.0 3300 license form when the system has no internet access. I am hoping someone by now has an answer?

We have systems which are not internet facing and are live production. Previously when the customers wanted to add additional Mailboxes or SIP trunks etc we could add them via AMC and then generate the password to license the 3300 offline. But now MCD 5.0 requires internet!!!

The only option I know so far is to do a software tool upgrade to the same MCD 5.0 level and let it sync to AMC via the tool but this means to update licenses you need around 2hours free!!

So does anyone know how to get the download zip file from the AMC onto the 3300 without doing any upgrades?

Thanks in advance!

The only option I know so far is to do a software tool upgrade to the same MCD 5.0 level and let it sync to AMC via the tool but this means to update licenses you need around 2hours free!!

You are taking this way too far.

Intead of upgrade, choose full install
Uncheck all options except License and options
Proceed
5 minutes (not including reboot)

Note: you will probably hear people say that they cancel after 2 minutes and the options are there and reboot does not happen. I do not recommend this. Let the system do what it was designed to do.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel Many thanks for this....I tested it and it works perfect!

It's a shame that mitel make you do it this way and more importantly they don't state this anywhere.

Thanks.

this isnt the way to license offline it is a work around. There is an offline procedure........somewhere..... :)

think that is similar to whats in the tech handbook.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

@LoopyLou, the Tech Handbook refers to using the SW tool to manually install licenses in 'old way' IE typing in the options and password. The helpfile explains the correct procedure to manually add the licenses:

To initially set up license and option selection manually:

Access the License and Option Selection form.
Click Change.
Enter your Application Record ID and click Retrieve Licenses to query the Application Management Center (AMC).
Enter the Licensed Options and Configuration Options.
Click Save to commit your changes to the database.
If synchronization with the AMC fails, follow the on-screen instructions to do the following:
Save the batch file containing the Application Record ID.
After transferring the batch file to a computer that has Internet connectivity, execute the batch file.
Restore the batch file to the system.
Access the License and Option Selection form and click Save.
Follow the setup procedure in Set Up Your System and reboot where indicated.
Once the element is successfully licensed, values display in the Local Limits, System Type and License Sharing fields, and you may now allocate options.
Note: When the system reboots, all service will be lost for approximately 20 minutes. We recommend that you reboot during a period of low traffic.

Right my comment was that the way provided was similar to what's in the tech handbook. I was not saying it was the way to do it.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back