Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mcafee Virusscan 4.5 and Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyBottse

MIS
Jan 5, 2001
NL
Can anyone tell me there experience on McAfee Virusscan 4.5 on a Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Environment ??

Any suggestions

It's on my "to test" list so I would also be interested.

I installed it, on both of our TSE SP6 with Meta 1.8 SP2, and it choked the servers. I had really high utilization. I installed it using the recommended single user mode that NAI suggests in the tech note. It seemed Ok, until I got several users on the box. (30+ users) I tried deactivating the scanning, but that did not recover it. I had to shutdown all NAI services in order to bring utilization down. I installed McAfee v4.5 sp1. Hope you have better luck....

Bruce

WOW! This is like the 4th articial on version 4.5 tonight! I use 4.03a on my W2K machine (but only 4-10 users at a time) but it works GREAT! We are about to upgrade to a new engine... maybe I'll wait a while. This is what makes the site ROCK - REAL FEEDBACK!

We are currently using v4.03 on our Metaframe 1.8 servers installed using the Management Edition. We have about 30-40 users on with no problems. I haven't tested v4.5 as yet, but I will repost when I do. Got to get another 180 users across to Metaframe first !!

We Instaled ver 4.5 on Our TSE SP6 Metaframe 1.8 SP2 and when the system had more that 10 users the system bogged way down. I too had to shut down all NAI services in order to regain the performance.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back