Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McAfee Internet Filter Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2000
US
We're running 4.51 sp1 on all our W98 desktops. I was using the built-in Internet Filter option to deny access to places like aol, hotmail, etc. I had just the word "mail" in there as well to block internet mail for many other ISPs. The problem is that our roaming workers can now check their Lotus Notes mail through a browser and the URL for that includes the word "mail" and access is denied. To try to fix this, I deleted the word and then took the new domainx.dat and domainx.bin files and copied them to the workstations during login. Access is still denied. I have verified on several workstations that the word mail is not included in the filter list. Does McAfee generate any other files that contain the filtering that I have missed? I appreciate any assistance.

Don't copy these files. Use ePO for rolling out this changes

Don't copy these files. Use ePO for rolling out this change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back