Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mcAfee framework service showing high cpu usage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zindians

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2002
US
On some our client computers (xp pro) users claim there is slow response when performing any task. After looking in Task Manger under the processes tab frameworkservice shows high cpu usage (98%). I have to end the process to enable user to perform task on their computer. Is there a fix for this instead of stopping the process? If I restart the computer everything is fine but eventually same problem arises.

I'm sorry to dig up such an old post. Did anyone ever find a solution for the McAfee Framework Service using 99% of the CPU? We are having serious problems with this. Thanks.

J

It depends on your situation. For us, we upgraded from McAfee 4.51 to 7 Enterprise using AD GPO's. Our package did not upgrade cleanly in production on about 1/4 of our machines which was really bad. I found out that the framework service could not contact the EPO server and would keep trying over and over which was maxing out the CPU and hogging all the memory over time. To fix, we had to push the EPO client out from the EPO server.

But again, it depends on your situation.

Chris

We haven't had the problem until early this week when the 4335 dats were applied. McAfee said to do the sitemaplist.xml deletion. Getting ready to implement it and see. We were told they weren't sure if that would be a permanent fix or not.

If you have problem with the McAfee Framework Service
just change your update repository from FTP to HTTP.

Worked for me!

/DKMart

**********Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?**********

Has anybody seen a server lock due to "On-Access Scan Statistics" upon logoff or similar problems during the logging off of a server? (NT 4.0, Enterprise 7.1)

Framework service problems are due to TASKS running into each other, scale back the amount of tasks you have running and your problems will melt away

This batch script was made for our users on XP /VScan 7.1:

TASKKILL /F /IM Frameworkservice.exe

cd C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan
regsvr32 /u vsupdate.dll
regsvr32 vsupdate.dll

NET START McAfeeFramework

... it doesnt solve it permenantly though.

On NT, you can stop a process by using KILL command (so you dont need to reboot the server).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back